Champion Local Schools Resource Officer Program
Champion School District contracts with the County Sheriff's Office for Resource Officer coverage for 8 hours a day, 178 school days per year.
For questions regarding the Resource Officer Program please contact:
John Grabowski, Superintendent @ 330-847-2330 ext 2 or at John.Grabowski@championlocal.org
Resource Officer Responsibilities:
- Assist in supervising the safety of student, parent and bus traffic at beginning and end of school.
- Monitor building visitors entering the building during scheduled hours
- Monitor student lunchroom
- Assist as appropriate in helping develop lessons on drug awareness, anti bullying and violence prevention
- Remain highly visible in hallways, cafeteria and gymnasium areas
- Assist in deterring student misconduct via presence and through dialogue with students
- Promote dialogue with students to build a trusting relationship
- Assist the administration as needed with disciplinary matters
- Assist with presentations as part of professional development for staff and students
- Provide input as requested into school safety procedures
- Serve as partner with the school and police department on proper safety protocols
- Share knowledge of community agencies offering assistance to youths and their families.