Mark Harper – Transportation Supervisor / Director of Facilities
Paula Kruger – Administrative Assistant
5976 Mahoning Ave. NW Suite B
Warren, OH. 44483
STUDENT BUS FORM (PDF)
Bus Drivers Needed
Champion Local Schools are looking for individuals that are dependable, motivated and enjoy working with children to join our team of Bus Drivers. We offer in-house training to help you get your CDL. Excellent working conditions and part-time hours that still allow you to spend time with your children. If interested, please contact us for more information.
High School / Middle School bus routes begin at 6:45 a.m.
Elementary School bus routes begin at 7:45 a.m.
Champion Local Schools takes makes every effort to ensure that your child is safe while riding the bus. We ask that you please take a few minutes to go over the Student Transportation Rules with your child.
- If you need to have your child added to a bus route, please send in a Student Bus Form.
- Student Bus Forms are available online or at any building. 1 form per child please – a copy will go to the driver and your child’s teacher.
- Bus changes for the 1st day of school must be submitted to the office 2 weeks before the first day of school so routes can be set. There are no bus changes the first 2 days of school.
- Bus forms received after the 1st day of school become effective 48 hours after the form is turned in to the Transportation Office.
- 1 bus change per year. There are no bus changes for only a week or a day. Students will have to be dropped off or picked up at school.
- Bus forms will transfer from year to year and will remain on file until you change it.
- Students must be picked up from the same location Monday - Friday.
- Students need to be at their designated bus stop ready to load the bus 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Please keep your child 10 feet from the curb in the safe zone until the bus comes to a complete stop and the driver signals (drop their hand) that it is safe to approach the bus.
- Please do NOT chase the bus down if your child misses the bus. This is a major safety concern and the driver may not see you or your child.
- Students must be dropped off from the same location Monday – Friday.
- Your child must wait 10 feet away from the curb in the safe zone until the bus pulls away.
- The driver MUST see a parent (caretaker) before dismissing students in grades K-2 from the bus.
- If a student cannot be dropped off for any reason, the driver till take the student back to the principal’s office and the parent will be notified to come and pick the student up with proper identification.
- TCTC students can ride to school on their High School bus and then be transported from the High School at 7:30 a.m. to TCTC. The bus brings students back to CHS in the afternoon so they can meet their regular bus to return home.
- Days that Champion is NOT in session, but TCTC is:
- Our bus driver will send a form home with your child the week before so the driver can plan on who will need to ride.
- You can drop your child off at CHS before 7:30 a.m. to be transported to TCTC if you do not want to drop them off at TCTC.
- In the afternoon, your child can ride the bus home if you do not want to pick them up at TCTC.
Tips for Parents/Guardians
- Please be patient during the first few weeks of school while we adjust to the new routes. The buses will be running late.
- Students are not permitted to ride a bus that is not their designated bus. No daily or temporary short-term bus passes will be granted. If your child needs to go someplace different before and after school for a few days, parents/guardians will need to make other arrangements.
- If your child does not ride the bus for 4 or more consecutive weeks, they may be removed from the bus list to accommodate other students and maintain routes. You will need to fill out a Student Bus Form when you need to add them back to a route.
- If you have a change of address, please contact your child’s building secretary to let them know about the change. You will also need to fill out a Student Bus Form with your new address.
- Parents are not permitted on the school bus
- In the winter, please be sure your child dresses in warm clothing and foot wear in cold weather.
- Please make sure that your child’s backpack or coats do not have strings or anything hanging from them that can get caught on the bus. Large backpacks with wheels are not permitted.
Student Transportation Rules
- The Bus Driver is in complete charge of the bus operation and student conduct.
- Students need to be at their designated pick-up at least 5 minutes prior to the bus arriving. Wait in a location 10 feet away from the curb.
- After the driver signals (drop their hand), board the bus promptly.
- Take your assigned seat immediately.
- Keep the isles clear.
- Stay quietly in your seat. Quiet visiting is permitted.
- No food or beverage, candy or gum on the bus.
- No profane language on the bus.
- No tobacco, alcohol or drugs on the bus.
- Scissors and other sharp objects brought to school for instructional purposes must be enclosed.
- Do not throw or pass objects on, from, or into the bus.
- Belongings must be held on your lap.
- Do not put your head, hands, or anything else out of the window.
- Stop taking at Railroad Crossings.
- Students must have permission before opening a window.
- Do not lean on windows.
- Do not write or vandalize the bus. Your parents will get billed for the damage.
- No hitting, horseplay, or bothering others.
- Do not lie down in your seat. The Driver should be able to see you.