The Board of Education has approved the following permanent improvements and curriculum updates for the 2019-2020 school year.
Champion High School
- Repainting of lines and numbers on the all-weather school/community competition track by Vasco Sports for $7,500.00 as part of track maintenance.
- Major repairs to the high school’s steam heating lines to repair leaks for a cost of $36,540.00. Repairs to be done by Prout Boiler.
- Purchase and installation of new outdoor flagpole to be installed in front of the high school from W.B. Becherer, Inc. at a cost of $1,986.00.
- Purchase of two basketball hoop units from Anthem Sports at a total cost of $3,600.00 for a high school outdoor basketball court.
- Purchase of replacement cyclorama stage curtains for the auditorium stage from SuperStitches at a cost of $2,500.00.
- Purchase of five (5) new CleverTouch technology systems for high school classrooms from Tierney Brothers for a cost of $22,295.00
- Purchase of new student computers for HS Business Lab from CDI Technologies at a cost of $12,593.40.
- Purchase of replacement football stadium scoreboard from Sports Equipment Specialists at a cost of $16,504.40; cost to be paid by the District’s general fund and the Athletic Department.
Champion Middle School
- Purchase of Discovery Education Science Plus License for Grades 5-8 (450 students) at cost of $2,600.00 per year for a six-year license. This is an electronic techbook series.
- Purchase of Discovery Education Social Studies techbook series (450 students) at a cost of $23,490.00 for a six-year license.
Champion Elementary School
- Purchase of a six-year license from McGraw Hill Education for the “Wonders” reading series (600 K-4 students) for $57,105.90.
- Purchase of area reading rugs for Kindergarten classes at a total cost of $1,442.84 from School Specialty Marketplace.
Submitted by Pamela Hood, Superintendent